Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- [WATCH] The Voice Stars Sing “Jealous” Like You’ve Never Heard Before
- Hot Ones With Will Farrell
- Westworld Season III Trailer [VIDEO]
- LeBron James To Release His First Children’s Book This Summer
- Fans Call for TMZ Boycott Over Leaking Black Celebrity Deaths Before Families Notified
- Group Therapy: Ashley’s Aunt Got Cheated On During Her Chemotherapy
- WOW: See This Violinist Play During Her Brain Surgery
- Springfest 2020 Lineup Announced: SIR, Skip Marley, Mahalia, Trapboy Freddy, TISAKOREAN, Inayah & Breland To Perform!
- Stars of NBC’s “This Is Us” Reveal How The Show Will End! [VIDEO]
- Watch Chris Stapleton Surprise Audience At Madea’s Farewell Play Tour
Struggling Kona Grill Files For Bankruptcy, Closes All Houston Locations was originally published on theboxhouston.com