Kona Grill was one of the cities popular restaurants, especially for happy hour.
But fans of the restaurant suddenly discovered that the three Houston area locations were closed, with little to no warning to customers.
The reason? They had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The three local Kona Grill locations, the Houston Galleria, Baybrook Mall and 3 Waterway Square in The Woodlands are all marked permanently closed on Facebook and their phones had been disconnected.
The company’s website no longer lists the three locations either.
Back in April, Kona closed a number of other locations including its one in Austin. At full-strength, Kona had 27 full-service restaurants. Recent closings had dropped that number to close to two dozen. They allegedly owe $8 million to unsecured trade creditors and $74 million in total debt, including $33.2 million owed to secured lenders KeyBank and Zions Bank according to the Wall Street Journal.
- Yummm: Funny & Fascinating Frozen Facts About Ice Cream You Probably Didn’t Know
- Iggy Azalea Has A New Accent Plus Other LOL Moments From Her “Fu** It Up” Video (In Case You Missed)
- Eddie Murphy In Talks With Netflix For New Stand Up Special [Video]
- Jordyn Woods Says Dad “Would Be Proud” of Appearance In Rick Ross Video
- #PODCAST Freakshow Friday: Christian’s “Batting Practice” Club
- Ellen DeGeneres Doesn’t Like Kathy Griffin
- The Dummy of the Day – 7/19/19
- Joe’s Need To Know News – 7/19/19
- WHY? Man Uses Bare Feet To Operate On-Flight Video Screen, Internet Collectively Fries Him
- Break The Internet 2019 Lineup Revealed: Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat & Jessie Reyez To Perform
Struggling Kona Grill Files For Bankruptcy, Closes All Houston Locations was originally published on theboxhouston.com