It’s National Coming Out Day and I’m celebrating all weekend. Come party with me tomorrow night at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon. There were a few reasons why I decided to come out to my family in 2012.
- I wanted to accept my flaws so no one else could use them against me.
- I was tired of fighting the everyday stress of who I was. Trying to hide it from the world was emotionally draining.
- I wanted to build a circle that loved every single part of me.
- I wanted to find a husband. Lol That’s not possible at all if I’m not comfortable with myself.
- I wanted to be an inspiration to children coming up under me who may be afraid of standing in their truth.
Check out this video of a few old guys giving us the run down of what their Coming Out experiences were like.
Follow @AmirDiamond & @RadioNowHouston on Instagram