Star of High School Musical 3, Justin Martin, is facing multiple charges that could put him away for a long time.
The 21-year-old actor was seen running down the streets of Dorchester, MA with a gun in his hand on Tuesday, July 14. After the Boston Police chased him down, Martin turned and pointed a gun at the officers while a second suspect fired multiple shots.
According to the Boston Police Department, shots were fired back, though Martin was not hit. Once the actor was detained, officers found he was carrying a loaded .22 caliber handgun. The police proceeded to place him in custody, while the second male suspect threatened the officers with a loaded .25 caliber handgun. The second unidentified subject was also detained and placed in custody.
The former co-star of Hollywood teen idol Zac Efron has been charged with unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and carrying a loaded firearm. The actor will also be charged with two counts of assault by means of a dangerous weapon.
How exactly the shoot-out transpired remains unknown. Details regarding the incident prior to the police’s arrival have yet to be discussed, however Martin’s mother told TMZ she would try to bail her son out after his court appearance Wednesday, July 15.
Martin pleaded not guilty to all counts in court yesterday, and bail was set at $35,000.
Stars Strut Their Stuff At The 2014 Teen Choice Awards
1. Lucy Hale looked red hot on the red carpet.1 of 11
2. Shay Mitchell blew a kiss to her fans.2 of 11
3. Selena Gomez looked hot in all black.3 of 11
4. Hillary Duff rocked this leather skirt and crop.4 of 11
5. Jordin Sparks and Jason Derulo looked too cute.5 of 11
6. Ariana Grande looked stunning in this mini.6 of 11
7. Jordin Sparks rocked this patterned look.7 of 11
8. Taylor Swift made everyone green with envy.8 of 11
9. Bella Thorne looked beautiful in blue.9 of 11
10. Zendaya looked pretty in pink.10 of 11
11. What cuties!11 of 11
High School Musical 3’s Justin Martin Faces Multiple Charges After Boston Shoot-Out was originally published on globalgrind.com