There are only a few weeks left in August, which is National Immunization Awareness Month!
Here are some interesting facts you should know about immunization:
- It’s one of the most successful and cost-effective health interventions
- Immunization prevents up to almost 3 million deaths every year
- Benefits extended across the life course can provide protection against diseases such as influenza. meningitis, and cancers that can occur in adulthood
- Global morality of measles has decreased to 74% due to immunizations
- The supply of vaccines has greatly expanded due to public and private partnerships, also in developing countries
- If you have a chronic condition such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease, getting sick with vaccine-preventable diseases like flu and pneumonia can lead to serious complications, hospitalization or even death.
- Protect yourself – get vaccinated.
Do you know what vaccines your children need to stay healthy? Visit the CDC website to find out: http://shout.lt/9Bh6.