Picking your next apartment may have just gotten a lot easier…or harder.
Instead of just worrying about creaky floors or a possible rat infestation, a new website with the most fitting domain name ever – DiedInHouse.com – will give you a full history of who has died in your home. The new site aims to cover all bases, and includes accidental deaths, suicides, and even murders.
This new service will hopefully help folks sleep better at night. The site states that one-third of Americans admit to believing in ghosts. However, even more important than ghosts is property value. The site reports: “A death in a home, especially a tragic death, can impact its value by more than 25% and take it 50% longer to sell than comparable homes.”
Currently, the service is only available in the U.S. and includes military bases. The only catch is that it’ll cost you $11.99 per search, but will get cheaper with each inquiry. Company founder Roy Condrey spoke to Mashable about DiedInHouse and says his service is really helping people out.
“When a tenant of mine texted me in the middle of the night stating, ‘Do you know your house is haunted?’ I did not know its history, so I started researching online … Doing a Google search, I found pages and pages people asking my same question,” he said.
Check out the DiedInHouse website, which looks like a realty agency’s site gone wrong, here.
SOURCE: Mashable, DiedInHouse | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Rihanna, Diddy's Daughters, & More Get In On Spooky The Halloween Fun
45 photos Launch gallery
1. Beyonce as Janet Jackson and Blue Ivy as MJ is perfection.
1 of 45
2. The twins go as superwomen!
2 of 45
3. Rihanna and her friends slay in their sexy Ninja Turtles costumes.
3 of 45
4. Chris Brown and Karrueche dive into the 'Grease' classic.
4 of 45
5. North West and Penelope Disick both dress as skunks!
5 of 45
6. Alyson Hannigan and her family go out trick-or-treating as frogs.
6 of 45
7. Khloe Kardashian and Scott Disick show off their costumes.
7 of 45
8. Michael Strahan and Kelly Ripa dress up in their second Halloween outfits.
8 of 45
9. Adam Lambert channels his Wolverine at his Halloween party.
9 of 45
10. Neil Patrick Harris and his kids dive into the Batman series.
10 of 45
11. Lala Anthony is one sexy cat!
11 of 45
12. Rita Ora keeps it all pink for a Halloween party.
12 of 45
13. Rihanna and friends get a group shot of their Ninja Turtle costumes.
13 of 45
14. Kendall Jenner hangs with friends as Mario.
14 of 45
15. Aubrey O'Day dresses as a peacock at Adam Lambert's Halloween party.
15 of 45
16. Snoop Dogg went as his white alter ego Todd in Vegas.
16 of 45
17. Tyga dresses up as Chuckie.
17 of 45
18. Nicki Minaj is your teacher's pet.
18 of 45
19. Kim Kardashian dresses as Anna Wintour, along with North and friends.
19 of 45
20. Coco & Ice T head to a party in NYC
20 of 45
21. Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan are zombies!
21 of 45
22. Chance is Cleopatra.
22 of 45
23. Kylie Jenner goes trick or treating with Kris Jenner and Penelope Disick
23 of 45
24. Rihanna and Melissa are Ninja Turtles.
24 of 45
25. Kim Kardashian is a skeleton.
25 of 45
26. Rihanna is a sexy Ninja Turtle.
26 of 45
27. Cassie and Diddy head out for a Halloween party.
27 of 45
28. Kim Porter and the twins go as superwomen!
28 of 45
29. Khloe Kardashian shows off her and Malika's mask game.
29 of 45
30. Chris Brown channels his inner 'Grease.'
30 of 45
31. Nick Jonas and Olivia Culpo coordinate costumes as a couple.
31 of 45
32. Nicki Minaj is your teacher's pet.
32 of 45
33. Rihanna dyes her hair green for the holiday.
33 of 45
34. Kelly Osbourne gets creative for her costume.
34 of 45
35. Kendrick Lamar took it way, way back.
35 of 45
36. Tinashe and a friend went as Kim K. and North West.
36 of 45
37. Ashanti got sexy for Halloween this year.
37 of 45
38. DJ Pauly D dresses up as Batman for a Halloween event.
38 of 45
39. Cassie shows off more of her Halloween look.
39 of 45
40. The Bash is a little chicken nugget!
40 of 45
41. Cassie dresses up for a Halloween party.
41 of 45
42. Diddy is a handsome fella in his Halloween costume.
42 of 45
43. Amber Rose is a zombie Queen!
43 of 45
44. Heidi Klum is unrecognizable as a butterfly.
44 of 45
45. Kim Kardashian shows off her skeleton details.
45 of 45