RushCard suffered from a technical shutdown last month, preventing many customers from being unable to access their own money for days.
The mogul sat down in an exclusive, hour-long interview with the NNPA News Wire and spoke about the issues customers were experiencing with the RushCard after they switched to a new transaction-processing provider in Mid-October. The switch locked thousands of customers out of their account, meaning they couldn’t access their money to pay for things like food, rent, or utility bills.
“Technology glitches happen, but this was a tsunami. We made the transfer of processes four separate times in the past and the next thing you know, I get a text message that we sent to our customers that we were down for two hours,” he revealed.
Simmons wasn’t the only one who immediately responded to the problem— he credited MasterCard CEO Ajaypal Singh Banga with helping to get the fix done. “He’s the CEO of a $120 billion company and he picked the telephone up on the first ring,” Russell stated.
Following the outage, RushCard created a multi-million dollar fund to compensate customers who were affected. And furthermore, from Nov. 1, 2015 through February 29, 2016, RushCard customers will enjoy a no-fee holiday, which will exempt card users from paying monthly, transaction and ATM fees during that period, Black Voice News reports.
The Def Jam co-founder wants to assure customers that the RushCard is still a reliable service you can trust. “I want my customers to know that we will restore RushCard as the gold standard of [prepaid debit card] services in our community. I want to assure those who rely on the RushCard that I will not rest until we have regained your trust.”
SOURCE: Black Voice News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter
Russell Simmons Celebrates His Birthday With Toni Braxton At All Def Comedy Live
1. Russell Simmons and Toni Braxton celebrated their birthdays together at All Def Comedy Live in L.A.Source:Provided by The Brand Group 1 of 6
2. Chris Spencer hits the stage.Source:Provided by The Brand Group 2 of 6
3. Affion Crockett poses at All Def Comedy Live.Source:Provided by The Brand Group 3 of 6
4. Tony Rock hits the stage.Source:Provided by The Brand Group 4 of 6
5. Paloma Ford posed for a quick flick.Source:Provided by The Brand Group 5 of 6
6. Andre Berto was spotted in attendance as well.Source:Provided by The Brand Group 6 of 6
Russell Simmons Opens Up About The RushCard Glitch was originally published on globalgrind.com