The child, Tyrese Robert Ruffin, died in October 2013 after sustaining four blows to the head.
He was killed by the boyfriend of the child’s mother, Joseph Patterson. Even after being charged back in September, he still maintained his innocence, saying, “This is probably where people expect a guilty person to turn around and ask for forgiveness. … I’m not guilty. All I did was try to help.” Of course his attorney believes his client hasn’t been treated fairly, adding, “I believe that one day this case will be held up as an example of injustice.”
Adrian Peterson found out about his son two months prior to the incident, and had been working with Tyrese’s mother to arrange a meeting with the boy when he was told he’d been hospitalized. Peterson said he made it to South Dakota and saw Tyrese a day before he died.
The Cutest Pictures Of NFL Star Adrian Peterson & His Adorable Football-Loving Son
1. Adrian Peterson's son, Adrian Peterson Jr., visits him at training camp.1 of 8
2. Adrian Peterson Jr. joins his dad, Minnesota Viking Adrian Peterson, on the red carpet.2 of 8
3. Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson gives his son, Adrian, a kiss on the field.3 of 8
4. Adrian Jr. meets the Vikings running backs coach, James Saxon.4 of 8
5. Little Adrian riding around and getting it in his red car.5 of 8
6. NFL Star Adrian Peterson tweeted this picture of his son: "Dear Adidas Inc, Adrian Peterson Jr is willing to discuss a possible partnership. Contact me if interested. Hahaha"6 of 8
7. Adrian Peterson Jr. is ready for war.7 of 8
8. Adrian Peterson Jr. follows in his dad's footsteps.8 of 8
Man Who Killed Adrian Peterson’s Son Gets Life In Prison was originally published on globalgrind.com