New evidence has surfaced in the case of a California man killed by a police deputy in May of 2014.
According to a lawsuit, recently released cellphone video clearly shows Noel Aguilar was murdered during an altercation between two L.A. Sheriff’s deputies and the 23-year-old known gang member, the Orange County Register reports.
Allegedly, the two deputies saw Aguilar riding his bike while wearing headphones in North Long Beach and sought to detain him. After a struggle, Aguilar fled on foot. The police chased after him and eventually caught up. In the new video, one of the officers can be heard yelling, “You f-cking move I’m gonna kill you, b-tch.” Officer Albert Murad is then seen hitting Aguilar several times with what may have been a flashlight. One round is fired, and Murad claims he was shot in the stomach, but Aguilar continues to say he has no gun. The officer then shoots Aguilar three times in the back while onlookers watch and protest in horror.
The family’s attorney, Humberto Guizar, said Aguilar wasn’t armed and that one cop shot the other.
Guizar isn’t afraid to admit that Aguilar was resisting arrest, but says he didn’t deserve to die because of it.
Thousands Protest During #MillionsMarchNYC Against Police Brutality
1. Thousands march together on their way to the NYPD headquarters.1 of 17
2. Thousands gather near the NYPD headquarters.2 of 17
3. A protester holds up a sign to stop police brutality.3 of 17
4. Kevin Liles, Russell Simmons, and Nas help lead the march in NYC.4 of 17
5. Protestors march up 5th Avenue.5 of 17
6. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before marching uptown.6 of 17
7. Protestors lead by holding up a 'Black Lives Matter' banner.7 of 17
8. Picketed versions of the victims of police brutality are held up during the march.8 of 17
9. The Brooklyn Bridge gets shut down by protestors.9 of 17
10. A protestor holds up a focused 'We Demand Justice' sign10 of 17
11. Santa Con participants face the interrupting protests happening through the streets.11 of 17
12. An artist participates in the protest through creative expression.12 of 17
13. Thousands of different ethnicities and ages come together for the protests.13 of 17
14. Thousands gather in Washington Square Park before the march.14 of 17
15. A protestor marches while in chains.15 of 17
16. Thousands march up 5th Avenue.16 of 17
17. Thousands march up 5th Avenue towards Union Square.17 of 17
Video Of L.A. Cops Killing Gang Member Surfaces, Family Calls It Murder was originally published on globalgrind.com