The actor said he “really hoped” the shooters in the San Bernardino attack were white, because he didn’t want Muslim-Americans to get any more backlash than they already have.
When speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Jackson explained his fears of Muslim-Americans becoming the “new young black men,” as constant ignorance and discrimination plagues them as well.
“I can’t even tell you how much I really wanted (the San Bernardino shooting) to just be another, you know, crazy white dude, and not really some Muslims,” he told the magazine. “Because it’s like, ‘Oh, sh-t. It’s here.’”
Jackson also spoke about his golf buddy Donald Trump, saying his actions – including his idea that Muslims should be banned from entering the U.S. – are out of his control.
“There’s absolutely nothing I can do. There are some other people that aren’t as open about what he’s saying that are running also, you know, that are just as crazy, that have just as much ill will toward the common man — and not just the common black man. People who don’t have a certain amount of money don’t mean anything to them,” he added.
Also on the political front, Jackson admitted that he plans on voting for Hillary Clinton.
A Fashionable Timeline Of Hillary Clinton's Awesome Pantsuits (PHOTOS)
1. Sept. 1996: Hillary always kept it classy in the White House.1 of 24
2. Sept. 1996: Back in the day, the potential presidential nominee was rocking the cutest skirt sets.2 of 24
3. April 1999: Even former French prime minister Jaques Chirac loved Hillary and her bright numbers.3 of 24
4. June 2000: Hillary rang in the summer with a traditional pantsuit in New York.4 of 24
5. Nov. 2000: Hillary and daughter Chelsea arrive in Vietnam in mother/daughter pantsuits.5 of 24
6. Oct. 2000: Hillary raised the flare (and her collar) at the 2001 Vogue Awards.6 of 24
7. August 2003: Hillary cracks a few jokes about her pantsuits during a visit to The Jay Leno Show.7 of 24
8. March 2004: Hillary showed off her pastel look during the More Alpha Woman Awards.8 of 24
9. June 2004: Hillary's lighter looks were always welcoming, but the lace embroidered pattern was a standout during an appearance with Bill Clinton in New York.9 of 24
10. June 2005: Hillary made the switch to bold and brighter pantsuits in 2005.10 of 24
11. 2006: Even her Madame Tussaud wax figure rocked an awesome pantsuit!11 of 24
12. January 2007: Hillary switched up her pantsuits during her campaign run for President.12 of 24
13. June 2008: Hillary conceded her campaign for president in style.13 of 24
14. May 2009: Blue is definitely Hillary's color!14 of 24
15. June 2010: Hillary brought back her pastel look for old time's sake.15 of 24
16. July 2011: Hillary switched up her look with this patterned blazer look.16 of 24
17. August 2011: "The thing about pantsuits is..."17 of 24
18. February 2012: Hillary & Amy Poehler hang out and bond..over pantsuits, of course.18 of 24
19. November 2012: Hillary knows what colors work for her. This orange number is it!19 of 24
20. October 2012: Hillary knows how to rock a blazer.20 of 24
21. During her appearance at the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, Hillary keeps it traditional in this classic pantsuit.21 of 24
22. June 2013: Hillary kept it classy at the CDFA ceremony.22 of 24
23. May 2013: Hillary's pantsuits have really evolved through the years, are we right?23 of 24
24. April 2014: We can't wait to see more of her stylish pantsuits in the future.24 of 24
Samuel L. Jackson “Really Wanted” The San Bernardino Shooters To Be White was originally published on globalgrind.com