The actor said he “really hoped” the shooters in the San Bernardino attack were white, because he didn’t want Muslim-Americans to get any more backlash than they already have.
When speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Jackson explained his fears of Muslim-Americans becoming the “new young black men,” as constant ignorance and discrimination plagues them as well.
“I can’t even tell you how much I really wanted (the San Bernardino shooting) to just be another, you know, crazy white dude, and not really some Muslims,” he told the magazine. “Because it’s like, ‘Oh, sh-t. It’s here.’”
Jackson also spoke about his golf buddy Donald Trump, saying his actions – including his idea that Muslims should be banned from entering the U.S. – are out of his control.
“There’s absolutely nothing I can do. There are some other people that aren’t as open about what he’s saying that are running also, you know, that are just as crazy, that have just as much ill will toward the common man — and not just the common black man. People who don’t have a certain amount of money don’t mean anything to them,” he added.
Also on the political front, Jackson admitted that he plans on voting for Hillary Clinton.
A Fashionable Timeline Of Hillary Clinton's Awesome Pantsuits (PHOTOS)
1. Sept. 1996: Hillary always kept it classy in the White House.Source:Getty 1 of 24
2. Sept. 1996: Back in the day, the potential presidential nominee was rocking the cutest skirt sets.Source:Getty 2 of 24
3. April 1999: Even former French prime minister Jaques Chirac loved Hillary and her bright numbers.Source:Getty 3 of 24
4. June 2000: Hillary rang in the summer with a traditional pantsuit in New York.Source:Getty 4 of 24
5. Nov. 2000: Hillary and daughter Chelsea arrive in Vietnam in mother/daughter pantsuits.5 of 24
6. Oct. 2000: Hillary raised the flare (and her collar) at the 2001 Vogue Awards.Source:Getty 6 of 24
7. August 2003: Hillary cracks a few jokes about her pantsuits during a visit to The Jay Leno Show.Source:Getty 7 of 24
8. March 2004: Hillary showed off her pastel look during the More Alpha Woman Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 24
9. June 2004: Hillary's lighter looks were always welcoming, but the lace embroidered pattern was a standout during an appearance with Bill Clinton in New York.Source:Getty 9 of 24
10. June 2005: Hillary made the switch to bold and brighter pantsuits in 2005.Source:Getty 10 of 24
11. 2006: Even her Madame Tussaud wax figure rocked an awesome pantsuit!Source:Getty 11 of 24
12. January 2007: Hillary switched up her pantsuits during her campaign run for President.Source:Getty 12 of 24
13. June 2008: Hillary conceded her campaign for president in style.Source:Getty 13 of 24
14. May 2009: Blue is definitely Hillary's color!Source:Getty 14 of 24
15. June 2010: Hillary brought back her pastel look for old time's sake.Source:Getty 15 of 24
16. July 2011: Hillary switched up her look with this patterned blazer look.Source:Getty 16 of 24
17. August 2011: "The thing about pantsuits is..."Source:Getty 17 of 24
18. February 2012: Hillary & Amy Poehler hang out and bond..over pantsuits, of course.Source:Getty 18 of 24
19. November 2012: Hillary knows what colors work for her. This orange number is it!Source:Getty 19 of 24
20. October 2012: Hillary knows how to rock a blazer.Source:Getty 20 of 24
21. During her appearance at the Human Rights Campaign in 2012, Hillary keeps it traditional in this classic pantsuit.Source:Getty 21 of 24
22. June 2013: Hillary kept it classy at the CDFA ceremony.Source:Getty 22 of 24
23. May 2013: Hillary's pantsuits have really evolved through the years, are we right?Source:Getty 23 of 24
24. April 2014: We can't wait to see more of her stylish pantsuits in the future.Source:Getty 24 of 24
Samuel L. Jackson “Really Wanted” The San Bernardino Shooters To Be White was originally published on globalgrind.com