My favorite holiday flavor will be taking on a fresh new twist this year! I love this seasonal flavor and you will too because not only are candy canes low calorie, they are also easy to sneak into your favorite drinks. These three recipes are going to change your life beauties. You’re gonna love this!
1. Fresh Way To Start The Day – Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Never buy powdered chocolate pouches again! This fresh twist on a winter favorite is guaranteed to bring more holiday cheer in your mugs this year.
1 cup of milk (any variety – soy, almond, etc.)
2 ounces of dark chocolate (preferably 60% cacao)
1/2 tsp of powdered sugar (or artificial sweetener – use a pinch if so)
1/4 tsp of vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
1 mini candy cane
1 – Finely chop the chocolate into small pieces if not using chips.
2 – Warm the milk in a saucepan on low heat.
3 – Add all ingredients, except the candy cane and stir for 4 minutes.
4 – Remove from heat. Pour in a mug and then add the candy cane.
5 – It will melt in the mug, and the flavor will melt in your mouth – yum!
2. Post Workout Freshness – Peppermint Smoothie
I plan on throwing a hint of peppermint in my everyday post workout smoothie boo and you should too.
1 cup of vanilla non fat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup of vanilla milk (any variety – soy, almond, etc.)
2 crushed mini candy canes
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 frozen banana
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)
1 – Load your blender in the order listed.
2 – Blend until smooth.
3. Holiday Shots – Peppermint Vodka
Easy as 1, 2, 3. Holiday spirit on deck. See what I did there?
10 crushed mini candy canes
1 cup of Vodka
1/2 cup of Vanilla Vodka
1 – Crush the mini candy canes in the bottom of a medium sized jar.
2 – Add the vodka and cover.
3 – Allow to sit 3 – 4 days, preferably somewhere dark.
4 – Shake periodically to blend.
5 – When ready to use, strain into a separate jar to trap any undissolved candy pieces.
6 – Serve to your friends as a fresh way to start the night.
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
25 Christmas Spirits That Will Deck Your Halls
1. Be A Lush For The Holidays1 of 26
2. Pomegranate Prosecco2 of 26
3. Starry Night3 of 26
4. Choco-Spresso4 of 26
5. CAMUS Milk Punch5 of 26
6. Coco Press6 of 26
7. Apple Old Fashioned7 of 26
8. Sparkling Ice Spike Cranberry Lemonade8 of 26
9. Coco Joy Coconut Eggnog9 of 26
10. Light Negroni10 of 26
11. Voga Italia Pomegranate Sparkler11 of 26
12. Spiced Milk12 of 26
13. Akira Back Pimm's Royale13 of 26
14. Sparkling Ice Raspberry Shooters14 of 26
15. G'Vine Orchid by Junior Merino15 of 26
16. Look Better Naked Margarita by Adam Seger16 of 26
17. Dark Rum Daisy17 of 26
18. Calvados Royal18 of 26
19. Coco Joy Coconut Cucumber Gin Fizz19 of 26
20. Voga Italia Sparkling Peppermint Swirl20 of 26
21. Whiskey Mule21 of 26
22. Berry Merry Mistletoe22 of 26
23. Maple Syrup Martini23 of 26
24. Cruzan Snow Day24 of 26
25. Cruzan Sleigh Bell25 of 26
26. Mexican Mule26 of 26
SHE DRINKS: 3 Fresh Ways To Sip Your Peppermint This Holiday Season was originally published on hellobeautiful.com