President Barack Obama put a smile on one girl’s face over the weekend after she was devastated to find out he wouldn’t serve a third term.
Caprina Harris’ adorable granddaughter went viral last week when she became inconsolable after discovering her favorite president was leaving office. Harris suggested her granddaughter write a letter to Obama to share her grief. She also told the toddler they would have to vote for a new one, a thought the little girl wasn’t interested in.
Soon after post the adorable video, the family got a special surprise from Obama himself. Among thousands of commentators on her Facebook video, stood the president’s. Obama sent nothing but love to Harris’ granddaughter. The president, who also shares a birthday with Harris’ granddaughter, promised the two would one day celebrate their birthdays together.
via NBC News:
“Caprina, tell her to dry her tears because I’m not going anywhere. Once I leave the White House, I’ll still be a citizen just like her. And when she grows up, she can get involved right alongside me. In the meantime, I’ll keep an eye out for her letter, and we’ll always get to celebrate our birthdays together!”
Looks like people of all ages are going to miss President Obama in the white house.
SOURCE: NBC News | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform
15 State Of The Union Moments From President Obama's Final Address
1. President Barack Obama arrives in the presidential limo on Capitol Hill for the final State of the Union address.Source:Getty 1 of 15
2. Vice President Joe Biden and House Speaker Paul Ryan greet at President Obama's final State of the Union address.Source:Getty 2 of 15
3. Kim Davis gives a poker face prior to Obama's arrival at Capitol Hill.Source:Getty 3 of 15
4. Bernie Sanders was just one of the presidential candidates at the SOTU address. The Vermont Senator was also present at the Joint Session of Congress prior to the event.Source:Getty 4 of 15
5. Biden greets civil rights leader and US representative John Lewis as they wait for the president.Source:Getty 5 of 15
6. Biden gives one last classic greeting to fellow politicians on Capitol Hill.Source:Getty 6 of 15
7. Ahmad Alkhalaf, 9, arrives at US Capitol Hill for the president's speech. The Syrian refugee was invited by Rep. Seth Moulton after losing both of his arms in an ISIL bomb attack in Syria.Source:Getty 7 of 15
8. First Lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden greet the crowd before the State of the Union address.Source:Getty 8 of 15
9. The first lady looked ravishing at her husband's State of the Union address.Source:Getty 9 of 15
10. President Barack Obama arrives at Capitol Hill for his eight and final State of the Union address.Source:Getty 10 of 15
11. US Secretary of State John Kerry arrives at Capitol Hill for President Obama's final State of the Union address.Source:Getty 11 of 15
12. Obama shared his final State of the Union address with Paul Ryan, the new speaker of the house.Source:Getty 12 of 15
13. Two nuns from The Little Sisters of the Poor arrive clap for the president upon his arrival. The sisters were invited by Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)Source:Getty 13 of 15
14. Always in president's corner, Joe Biden gives Obama a standing ovation at his final State of the Union address.Source:Getty 14 of 15
15. We'll miss you President Obama!Source:Getty 15 of 15
President Obama Responds To Viral Video Of Crying Toddler was originally published on newsone.com