First Lady Michelle Obama has a suggestion to help diversify Apple’s emojis for young women.
In the brand’s latest inspirational video, a group of women discuss the lack of emojis representing them. Men can utilize depictions of police officers and athletes, while girls are subjected to haircuts and coy emotions. They suggest Apple implement female weightlifting emojis, singers, athletes and detectives.
The video even inspired Mrs. Obama to suggest a girl studying emoji. Always replied with a girl graduate emoji and an honorary emoji for the First Lady.
The podium reading “Let Girls Learn” is an ode to FLOTUS’ government initiative that brings attention to the 62 million young women all over the world who do not have access to education.
Check out more girl emojis below. Do you think Apple’s next upgrade will include them?
SOURCE: Huffington Post | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform | PHOTO CREDIT: Twitter
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Check Out Michelle Obama’s Empowering Emoji Suggestion For Young Women was originally published on newsone.com