Young Mormon missionary Mason Wells has been affected by not one terrorist attack, but three.
The 19-year-old’s third brush with danger came during Tuesday’s ISIS attack at an airport and subway in Brussels, Belgium. He suffered a ruptured Achilles tendon, shrapnel injuries, and second and third-degree burns to his hands and face while helping to check in other missionaries at the airport. But all in all, he is expected to be fine.
“This is his third terrorist attack. This is the third time that sadly in our society that we have a connection to a bomb blast. We live in a dangerous world and not everyone is kind and loving,” Wells’ father Chad told ABC News.
During the 2013 Boston Marathon attacks, the Utah native was just a block away from the finish line while cheering his mother on. He was also in France last year during the Paris attacks when terrorists detonated suicide bombs and carried out mass shootings around the city, killing 130 people.
At this time, three suicide bombers involved in the Brussels attack have been identified and authorities are on the hunt for one more suspect.
SOURCE: ABC News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
PHOTOS: Brussels Terrorist Attacks
1. Military Presence In BrusselsSource:PHILIPPE HUGUEN/AFP/Getty Images 1 of 6
2. Soliders In BrusselsSource:PHILIPPE HUGUEN/AFP/Getty Images 2 of 6
3. Soliders In BrusselsSource:PHILIPPE HUGUEN/AFP/Getty Images 3 of 6
4. Soliders In BrusselsSource:JOHN THYS/AFP/Getty Images 4 of 6
5. Soliders In BrusselsSource:PHILIPPE HUGUEN/AFP/Getty Images 5 of 6
6. Bruxelles Est BelleSource:KENZO TRIBOUILLARD/AFP/Getty Images 6 of 6
Utah Teen Survives Terror Attacks In Boston, Paris, & Brussels was originally published on globalgrind.com