With the Easter Sunday bombing in Pakistan that killed at least 60 people marking the second terrorist attack within a week, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg shared his thoughts on the state of our world.
In a statement posted to his Facebook page on Sunday, he wrote, “I believe the only sustainable way to fight back against those who seek to divide us is to create a world where understanding and empathy can spread faster than hate, and where every single person in every country feels connected and cared for and loved. That’s the world we can and must build together.”
Zuckerberg also mentioned that Facebook has activated the Safety Check feature to allow those in the affected area to notify friends and family that they’re alright.
However, the social networking site’s Safety Check has faced a lot of criticism lately. The feature worked after the Paris attacks, but the alert didn’t go out for the deadly blast in Lebanon just one day earlier. Most recently, the feature had a glitch that caused it to send alerts to users in the United States and Europe during the Pakistan attacks.
SOURCE: Mashable, Facebook | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The Most Inspiring Posts On The “Photo Doggies For Anthony” Facebook Page (PHOTOS)
1. A WinnerSource:Facebook 1 of 11
2. Support SystemSource:Facebook 2 of 11
3. Stay StrongSource:Facebook 3 of 11
4. Sticking TogetherSource:Facebook 4 of 11
5. So Sad 😦Source:Facebook 5 of 11
6. A Girl's Best FriendSource:Facebook 6 of 11
7. Spreading SmilesSource:Facebook 7 of 11
8. Moral SupportSource:Facebook 8 of 11
9. Best BudsSource:Facebook 9 of 11
10. We Can Do ItSource:Facebook 10 of 11
11. Faith In HumanitySource:Facebook 11 of 11
Mark Zuckerberg Releases Statement Following Recent Terror Attacks was originally published on globalgrind.com