Spicy Red Beans and Rice is not only easy to throw together but it’s healthy, too! And to save even more time, I used rice that I had in my freezer! Recipe for Freezer Rice HERE. If you don’t like spicy food, like me, you may want to cut back a little on the Tony’s Seasoning. Or if you do like spice, throw in a little extra!
This is what you’ll need:
- 1 lb. red beans
- 7 c. water
- 2 cans (22 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs. sausage
- 2 Tbsp. Tony’s Seasoning (creole)
- Rice, cooked
- Rinse the beans thoroughly and be sure to check for pebbles. Pour into the crock pot.
- Add the water, chicken broth, bell pepper, onion, garlic, sausage and seasoning to the crock pot.
- Cook on high for 5-7 hours.
- Serve over the cooked rice.
For more information or delicious recipes visit @ConsumerQueen Start prepping that stove!