The Obama Administration sent out a letter to all public schools nationwide saying with guidelines to allow students to use the bathroom of the gender that they identify with. Though the letter says all public schools must abide by this legislation or lose their federal funding, the legislation does not specifically define who exactly fits into the category of a “transgender” student, which could allow for a bit too much flexibility in terms of who is allowed to use which bathrooms.
Ed Lover spells out the average American parent concerns going into this law’s application in schools. Some schools, he said, are less prepared for this rule to be implemented safely than others are. He explains why, in less privileged schools with more disciplinary problems, this rule could lead to dangerous consequences for kids who may not be able to defend themselves for one reason or another. Click on the audio player to hear this serious discussion now, in this exclusive clip from the Ed Lover Show.
6 Transgender Celebrities You May Know
1. Amiyah ScottSource:Amiyah Scott Instagram 1 of 6
2. Laverne CoxSource:PR Photos 2 of 6
3. Caitlyn JennerSource:Vanity Fair 3 of 6
4. Former America's Next Top Model Contestant Isis KingSource:Instagram 4 of 6
5. Janet Mock, former People Magazine Editor5 of 6
6. Chaz BonoSource:AP 6 of 6