When the Billboard Music Awards announced that Madonna would be the one, out of all the legendary living artists today, to lead the tribute to the late, great Prince at the ceremony, most people were not too happy. They were right to expect their disappointment, however, because when Madonna took the stage last night, there was much to be desired. Fans took to social media to express their frustration and confusion at the singer’s interesting rendition of “Purple Rain,” alongside Stevie Wonder.
But no worries to the fans! After keeping an ear to the streets during the disappointing performance, BET swooped in and promised a much better tribute in a few weeks. Click on the audio player to hear more in this edition of the Early Morning Evening News on the Ed Lover Show.
Alright BET, It's On You: 12 Singers We Want For A Prince Tribute
1. FantasiaSource:PR 1 of 12
2. D'AngeloSource:YouTube screenshot 2 of 12
3. Eryn Allen Kane3 of 12
4. Tori KellySource:AP 4 of 12
5. Sheila ESource:Courtesy 5 of 12
6. Angie StoneSource:PR 6 of 12
7. Esperanza SpaldingSource:Instagram 7 of 12
8. Bilal AND DweleSource:Instagram 8 of 12
9. MiguelSource:PR 9 of 12
10. Chaka KhanSource:PR 10 of 12
11. Lenny KravitzSource:PR 11 of 12
12. Janelle MonaeSource:PR 12 of 12
How Madonna’s Fail Was Used To Promote The BET Awards [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO] was originally published on EdLoverShow.com