Aventer Gray, the wife of Pastor & “The Preachers “Host, John Gray was flying from L.A. to Texas when she got into a standoff with two American Airlines flight attendants. The flight was backing from the gate when she decided to swap seats. Aventer let the nanny take her first class seat, and she took the seat with her 2 kids sat in coach.
The flight crew thought Aventer was looking for an empty seat in the back. They tried to stop her, but Aventer didn’t listen.
The flight attendants asked her to leave the plane, and when Aventer again refused … they called police for backup.
Aventer eventually deplaned, and worked out the problem with American Airlines. She was allowed back on the plane and the two flight attendants were swapped out to work on another plane. Check out the Instagram recap from Aventer Gray’s page below.
View this post on Instagram
I share this story as a mother who does all she can to ensure the safety, protection and well-being of her children. But it is also my duty, better yet my calling, to help others; to lend a voice to those many passengers of who have been voiceless in the past. Although not every flight attendant employed by American Airlines acts like Bret, profiling and generally disrespectful treatment by flight attendants of their passengers has been pervasive and appears to be part of the culture at American Airlines. I am speaking up because I found out quickly that many other women and passengers of color have been treated poorly without consequence to those administering what can be characterized, at best as, poor customer service, but likely profiling, no matter how, and discrimination that has no place in this Country or anywhere else American Airlines travels. The FACTS are simple: 1) American Airlines changed my two young children’s pre-assigned seats very close to me to give them away to non-paying crew members; 2) After a long wait for them to try to figure things out, my 3&4 year old can sit together with our employee, my family settled in the back of the plane; (PEOPLE WERE STILL BOARDING AND THE PLANE WAS NOT ROLLING BACK) 3) My children were crying and uncomfortable so I decided to switch my first class ticket with the caregiver in order to sit next to my children and calm them down to avoid disruption for the flight; 4) American Airlines flight attendant Bret began harassing and bullying me as I was trying to sit down next to my children, speaking to me in a loud condescending manner with me as I walked many rows to the back of the plane; The exchange was calm 5) Bret then followed me, physically assaulting my 3 year old daughter and then begins physically touching me forcing my shoulder down twice 6) Once his bullying and physical “touching” did not work to intimidate me, he tried to remove me from the plane; I would not leave, did nothing wrong and asked a couple of different people who were sent to me to tell me why I was being asked to leave as a full fare paying customer as their lack of seat situation, had nothing to do with me. PT. 1
View this post on Instagram
7) officers get on the plane, and were met with boos as they approached me. They hear upset passengers supporting me and witnesses and decide to REMOVE Bret and another attendant from the plane as the instigator of this matter; 8) my kids and I flew to Dallas on the same flight we originally boarded; AGAIN IF IM THE PROBLEM, WHY WAS I ALLOWED TO STAY AND HE NOT and 9) unfortunately a plane full of innocent passengers were delayed over two hours due to Bret’s behavior, NOT MINE. POLICE CAME, BUT I STAYED, WHERE DOES THAT HAPPEN? IF IM THE PROBLEM, POLICE WOULD'VE TAKEN ME IMMEDIATELY! I WAS OFFERED AN APOLOGY BY THE PILOT FLYING THE PLANE AND MANY PASSENGERS AS WELL AS THE POLICE THAT WAS CALLED FOR ME, BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT IS SEEN. WHAT IS SEEN IS A MANIPULATED VIDEO AS THE PART ABOUT US HAVING SEATS AND MY SPEAKING ON THAT, CAME BEFORE A LADY SAID JUST COME WITH ME LOVE, YOU ARE JUST FINE, THIS IS THEIR (American Airlines) PROBLEM NOW, NOT YOURS." I THEN GOT ME CHILDREN AND WENT TO JET BRIDGE AS THEY FURTHER INVESTIGATED THE MATTER AND THE TWO ATTENDANTS OFF! MY SO CALLED DISRUPTION DOESN'T WARRANT A NEE CREW! THINK ABOUT IT!!! HOW FITTING WAS IT FOR ME TO SPEAK IN WOMEN'S MINISTRY ON, "ITS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE" My kids were traumatized. We were pulled and bullied. Many passengers gave me their names, phone numbers and emails. My fellow passengers were upset because Bret took his tone with me and his position based on the differences of what he claims happened and what actually happened. I was hurt, because he thought he could make an example out of me. However, when I began to read story after story of other passengers being profiled, intimidated and harassed by American Airlines flight attendants, I decided to speak up. These flight attendants should not be able to stand behind their uniform while they exhibit behavior that is no longer acceptable in our communities. There are many different types of people who fly. We should respect them all and treat them the way we want to be treated. Respect and dignity aren't too much ask. AA & its customer facing employees are in need of diversity training & a refresher course in customer service. PT 2
View this post on Instagram
1st Video Response! WE KNOW WHAT THIS IS! THE DEVIL IS MAD AND WILL SEND AN ATTACK ANY WAY HE CAN! @realjohngray & I WILL STILL STAND FOR JESUS ALL DAY EVERYDAY! HE HAS US! PERIOD!!! WE HELP AND STAND FOR PEOPLE DAILY! EVEN THIS IS WORKING IN MY FAVOR! THE DEVIL HATES THOSE WHO REALIZE THEIR DOMINION! HE DESPISES US BUT HASN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET! Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. #Video1 1 Peter 3:8-9 Called to Blessing Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. #GODMYVINDICATOR #AmericanAirlinesBullyingGray
Box Prom 2016 Recap
1. 14661852919212Source:Radio One Houston 1 of 21
2. 1466185765208Source:Radio One Houston 2 of 21
3. 14661857574614Source:Radio One Houston 3 of 21
4. 14661857406708Source:Radio One Houston 4 of 21
5. 14661858067995Source:Radio One Houston 5 of 21
6. 14661858143955Source:Radio One Houston 6 of 21
7. 1466185833802Source:Radio One Houston 7 of 21
8. 14661857988603Source:Radio One Houston 8 of 21
9. 14661857820422Source:Radio One Houston 9 of 21
10. 14661857730657Source:Radio One Houston 10 of 21
11. 14661853085608Source:Radio One Houston 11 of 21
12. 14661853005603Source:Radio One Houston 12 of 21
13. 14661853231499Source:Radio One Houston 13 of 21
14. 14661858412736Source:Radio One Houston 14 of 21
15. 14661858492658Source:Radio One Houston 15 of 21
16. 1466185909691Source:Radio One Houston 16 of 21
17. 14661859391062Source:Radio One Houston 17 of 21
18. 14661859463431Source:Radio One Houston 18 of 21
19. 14661859531424Source:Radio One Houston 19 of 21
20. 14661858727643Source:Radio One Houston 20 of 21
21. 14661858655911Source:Radio One Houston 21 of 21
Flight Attendants Wrongfully Accuse John Gray’s Wife Of Stealing A Seat was originally published on theboxhouston.com