Recently I (@AyanaMack) took a trip to South Africa where I met some of the most beautiful people and feasted on some of the most delicious food the continent had to offer.
While there, I exchanged numbers with some of the locals and told them if they ever came to America I would love to host their stay. Well, about three months later I got a call from a lady named Ann that said she was booking a flight and was looking forward to meeting up, and that’s when I called my H-Town Foodies team to find where I could find some great South African cuisine so I could make my friend feel at home.
Here’s what we found when we stopped by Peli Peli South African Cuisine in Vintage Park:
Fun Facts About Peli Peli:
- 1 out of 7,267 restaurants in Houston on tripadvisor
- Peoples choice award and 3rd place judges award – 2nd Annual Gumbo Smackdown by Houstonia Magazine
- Winner – Classic division of 30th Annual Caesar Salad Competition by MyTable Magazine
- Peoples’ Choice Award and 3rd Place Judges – 2nd Annual Gumbo Smackdown by Houstonia Magazine
- Best Caesar Salad (Classic Division) – 30th Annual Caesar Salad Competition by MyTable Magazine
- Peli Peli is an award-winning South African fusion concept that features steak, chicken and seafood cuisine by Chef Paul Friedman.
Peli Peli is the 2013 Award Winner for Top 100 Best-Reviewed Restaurants in the U.S. (Open-table) and is currently ranked number 1 out of 7,135 Houston Restaurants on tripadvisor.com. Grab a plate at 110 Vintage Park Boulevard, Houston, TX 77070 or if you have a large group make reservations by calling (281) 257-9500.
Take a look at the some of the mouth-watering selections:
H-Town Foodies: Peli Peli for South African Fusion Cuisine was originally published on theboxhouston.com