It’s been just about a month since we first saw the preview for Michel’le‘s Lifetime biopic, “Surviving Compton: Dre, Suge & Me” and already, the film is stirring up some controversy before its release. Even though it’s quite common knowledge at this point that Dr. Dre and Michel’le’s relationship was abusive, he is carrying out legal action against Sony Pictures for his portrayal in the film as long is they move forward with its release.
Michel’le, however, is sticking to her story, and standing by her movie. She recently opened up to Wendy Williams about why she stayed with both of her abusers for such a long time. Click on the audio player to hear more in this exclusive clip from the “Ed Lover Show.”
RELATED: Why Dr. Dre Shouldn’t Be Mad About His Portrayal In Michel’le’s Movie [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
RELATED: Dr. Dre’s Reacts To Michel’le Claiming He Was Physically Abusive
RELATED: T.I. Discusses Working With Dr. Dre On “Dope” [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
Faces of Hope: Survivors of Abuse
18 photos Launch gallery
1. Tina Turner was in an abusive relationship with Ike Turner.
1 of 18
2. Rihanna was the victim of domestic abuse at the hand of then boyfriend Chris Brown.
2 of 18
3. Poet Maya Angelou was abused by her mother's boyfriend.
3 of 18
4. Media mogul Oprah Winfrey was abused by a relative at age 9.
4 of 18
5. Sugar Ray Leonard was abused by a coach when he was an amateur boxer.
5 of 18
6. Christina Aguilera grew up with an abusive father.
6 of 18
7. Vanessa Williams was abused by the daughter of a family friend.
7 of 18
8. Bill Clinton's step father Roger Clinton was abusive .
8 of 18
9. Common was abused by a family friend when he was about 10 years old.
9 of 18
10. Mariah Carey was emotionally abused by an ex-boyfriend.
10 of 18
11. Ellen DeGeneres was abused as a teen.
11 of 18
12. Mike Tyson was kidnapped and sexually abused when he was seven years old.
12 of 18
13. Missy Elliott was a victim of childhood sexual abuse.
13 of 18
14. Billie Holiday was raped by a neighbor.
14 of 18
15. Antwone Fisher was emotionally and sexually abused as a child.
15 of 18
16. Carlos Santana was a victim of childhood sexual abuse.
16 of 18
17. Fantasia was raped by a classmate when she was in high school.
17 of 18
18. Actor Derek Luke was a victim of sexual assault when he was a child.
18 of 18
Michel’le Explains Why She Stayed In An Abusive Relationship With Dr. Dre For So Long [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
was originally published on