Fashion forayers strolled around The Pavilion at Lincoln Center like a scene from a museum for the Jay Godfrey F/W 2015 fashion presentation. When Godfrey’s collection debuted this time last year at NYFW with a 70’s rock and roll theme full of leather and fringe, it was a total twist from the red carpet ready gowns he’s become known for. This year he’s returned to his roots by creating a combined collection that highlights his strong tailoring skills with structured jackets and dresses in heavy black fabric with gold accents. But still gave us six gorgeous red carpet ready looks all featuring either a plunging neckline, open back, or mile high slit.
A fuchsia wide leg pant with matching tie neck blouse stood out boldly in the collection capturing everyone’s attention. And as I chatted with Ty-Ron Mayes, Celebrity Stylist from America’s Next Top Model Cycle 21, we both agreed the blonde model who wore that look was, “serving and werking it.”
But the cutest divas in the room were definitely Godfrey little pint sized angels, his two daughters. Jay and his wife Dara share lots of pics of these two on their personal Instagram pages. You can tell they are an integral part of his life and brand. His younger daughter was even with him a week ago for model castings. I loved that their dresses were color coordinated with Dara’s for Valentine’s Day after spending the morning getting glammed up with her in preparation for the show. Sparkly nail polish on both girls and bedazzled tights on the little one made them both easily ready for the red carpet as well.
Check out a few of our favorite looks from the show!
BEST IN SHOW: Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 2015
1. 1. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20151 of 14
2. 2. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20152 of 14
3. 3. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20153 of 14
4. 4. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20154 of 14
5. 5. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20155 of 14
6. 6. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20156 of 14
7. 7. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20157 of 14
8. 8. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20158 of 14
9. 9. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 20159 of 14
10. 10. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 201510 of 14
11. 11. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 201511 of 14
12. 12. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 201512 of 14
13. 13. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 201513 of 14
14. 14. Jay Godfrey Runway Show Fall 201514 of 14
BEST IN SHOW: 13 Red Carpet Ready Looks We’ll See This Fall From Jay Godfrey was originally published on hellobeautiful.com