It’s usually Kathy Griffin‘s intention to get a reaction out of her audience, but her recent photo-shoot struck the wrong kind of nerve for some of her fans.
After being dragged for the gory photo of Donald Trump‘s bloody head in her hand, the comedian issued an apology via video, saying, “I moved the line, and then I crossed it. I went way too far. The image is too disturbing. I understand how it offends people.” Griffin also added, “I beg for your forgiveness. I went too far. I made a mistake and I was wrong.”
The former Fashion Police host received major backlash after the photographer released the provocative photos of Griffin holding up a bloody head resembling President Trump’s.
Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., called the imagery “disgusting but not surprising,” while Chelsea Clinton, daughter of Hillary Clinton, called the photo “vile and wrong.” Griffin has since offered to ask the photographer to delete the infamous photo, but as we all know, what happens on the Internet, stays on the Internet.
Check out the apology video above.
15 Stylish Shots Of Kathy Griffin (PHOTOS)
1. She showed a little cleavage at the 2010 VH1 Do Something Awards.Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. What a beautiful silhouette.Source:Getty 2 of 8
3. Kathy's red tresses are beautiful and vibrant in this photo.Source:Getty 3 of 8
4. Hottie with a body.Source:Getty 4 of 8
5. This fitted gown was perfect for her slim figure.Source:Getty 5 of 8
6. Hey, beautiful.Source:Getty 6 of 8
7. A happy Kathy rocked this gray number at the 2006 ESPY Awards.Source:Getty 7 of 8
8. Griffin was a beauty in blue at the 8th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards.Source:Getty 8 of 8
Mea Culpa: Kathy Griffin Issues An Apology For Graphic Trump Photo was originally published on globalgrind.com