Texas tax free weekend is happening this weekend, August 11-13 and it is the best time to save money on all your back to school needs.
Here are the top 5 things you need to know before you shop til you drop!
- Tax free applies to school supplies, clothing and shoes retailing under $100.
- There are exceptions – computers, jewelry, purses, luggage, watches – visit texastaxholiday.com for a full list
- Most shopping malls and a few department stores are planning on extending their hours for this weekend. Check with stores before you head out.
- Online orders are included! If you don’t want to deal with the stress and the lines, shop online and your order will still qualify as tax free.
- Tax free weekend is not just for back-to-school families! If you don’t have kids, you can still take advantage of no sales tax and update your wardrobe or office.